It has low calories, satisfies thirst, contains valuable vitamins and minerals. It is suitable for direct consumption, as well as for homemade preserves and as an ingredient of many desserts. Each of us knows the taste of a strawberry and its versatile culinary use, but what are its cosmetic properties and what is its impact on the skin? Get to know recipes for homemade strawberry cosmetics.
Strawberry – cosmetic properties and its influence on the skin
Strawberry has a number of beneficial properties, because it contains a lot of nutrients. Here are some of them:
- vitamin A – regenerates the skin, increases its elasticity and deeply moisturizes,
- vitamin B1 – improves the condition of hair, has rejuvenating properties,
- vitamin B2 – effective in the fight against acne and seborrheic dermatitis,
- vitamin B6 – regulates the secretion of sebum,
- vitamin C – removes blemishes, improves immunity, delays the ageing process, prevents the development of many diseases,
- vitamin E – protects against UV radiation, reduces swelling on the skin,
- phosphorus – supports the regeneration of the epidermis,
- magnesium – tones, slows down the ageing process,
- potassium – prevents acne changes, moisturizes the skin from the inside,
- sodium – moisturizes the skin and improves its blood circulation,
- calcium – provides the skin with the right level of hydration,
- iron – improves skin tone.
Recipes for homemade cosmetics with strawberries
1. Strawberry exfoliating scrub – recipe
To prepare this scrub, use 5-6 large, ripe strawberries. Chop them with a fork into a thick mass and add a tablespoon of sugar. If you want to make a face peeling, choose white, powdered sugar. If you intend to exfoliate the skin of the legs or buttocks, reach for the brown coarse sugar.
2. Strawberry paste with whitening properties – recipe
A strawberry paste whitening your teeth is very easy to make. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to a few crushed ripe strawberries. Thoroughly mix the paste and use it to brush your teeth for several minutes. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water. The process should be repeated every day for several weeks until your teeth become whiter.
3. Strawberry mask with brightening and nourishing properties – recipe
This strawberry mask requires also an egg yolk and potato starch. Add one egg yolk and a teaspoon of potato starch to a few crushed strawberries. Mix thoroughly and apply to the face. After 20 minutes, wash your face with warm water. Apply a light moisturizing cream if the face feels too tight.